I would like to update you to a few things with WCACYM from your Core team.
First of all, my apologies for the limited communication between Core and membership over the last few months. We have been working diligently (which I'll outline below), but without much update which I'm mostly to blame. I've discovered a great lesson in learning to share my weakness and struggles rather than keeping a brave face. Alongside that I have great appreciation for the great Joe Glaab's shoes I've attempted to fill and the 25 years of heroes before him! Items requiring my attention were held up due to some stress and sickness in the home scene as Sharon my beautiful wife was dealing with sickness ( which lead to discovering a gallstone among other things). Thank you to all the prayer warriors that have been holding her in prayer.
1. Current members from 2011-2012 were email a finalized WCACYM budget for this new fiscal year for WCACYM (Aug 2012-Aug2013). Again in past approval via email, we require your response within a week for approval. A non-reply will be considered a yes vote.
2. With the great help from fellow members of Core we have relaunched the www.wcacym.ca website as you can see. It is a bit more "fresh" and social media friendly. We're hoping to blog updates here in the future (with member contribution) along with many other neat initiatives. A members only section will be up and running by Christmas with pertinent documents, resources, and other exclusive items for members. Of primary importance is the ability to access info to register as a member and for upcoming events (such as our Annual Gathering in Winnipeg Jan. 17 - 20th)
3. The new brochure/form for WCACYM membership is also completed. Thanks to Lance Rosen for his work on it. You can access this information (and register as well!) here on the website, but for the paper friendly please pass it along to your colleagues and contacts in youth ministry in your Diocese/Eparchy.
4. Summer Seminar: Dates are set for August 7-13th, 2013 @ Queen's House of Retreats in Saskatoon. Sister Maybelle is looking to honor the mandate for lowered costs while staying at Queen's House in response to overwhelming student feedback at the end of the summer wishing to stay at Queen's House. Info packs should be going out end of December and available at the AG along with Sister Maybelle for any questions you may have.
5. Finally our 25th Anniversary will be celebrated at our Annual Gathering this coming January 17-20th, 2013 @ the Radisson Hotel in Winnipeg, MB. The Archdioceses of St. Boniface, Winnipeg, and Archeparchy of Winnipeg are pulling together a great event for us. Click to register! Highlights include:
So as you can see, much is happening with WCACYM! Stay tuned for many more exciting details as we gear up to celebrating our 25th Anniversary Year at our Annual Gathering in Winnipeg!
#iamwcacym, are you?
Coordinator, Youth Ministry Office - Diocese of Saskatoon
twitter: @wcacym , #iamwcacym