Youth Ministry Coordinator for the Archdiocese of Grouard-McLennan
The Archdiocese, which spans the north-west corner of the Province of Alberta, is in need of a highly-motivated and confident coordinator of youth ministries.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
o Personal faith conviction and active participation in a Catholic parish
o Good organizational skills
o Self-motivation to work flexible hours with a minimum of supervision
o Good communication skills and confidence in meeting people and animating groups
o Commitment to the teachings and practices of the Catholic faith
o Education and/or experience in youth ministry, preferably with a Certificate in Youth Ministry from the Centre for Ministry Development
o Ability to work with and manage a fixed financial budget
o A valid driver’s licence and her/his own vehicle
o Clearance by means of a recent criminal record check
Specific tasks for this position include:
· To continue to develop youth ministry in the Archdiocese, following the direction initiated by the previous youth ministry coordinator.
· To continue to assemble the Archdiocesan Youth Committee, and collaborate with them in the development of youth ministry throughout the Archdiocese.
· To continue to develop the Youth Ministry Office in the Archdiocese, with the standard resources that would be of benefit to this Office and of assistance to those engaged in youth ministry in the parishes of the Archdiocese.
· To encourage and assist those engaged in youth ministry in the parishes and schools of the Archdiocese, whether hired or volunteer.
· To conduct at least one archdiocesan-wide youth event each year.
· To research volunteer ministry engagements for youth and young adults which are based in Canada and would be appropriate for volunteers from this Archdiocese.
The Youth Ministry office is presently located in the Catholic Conference Center in Peace River; we foresee the Youth Ministry Office being relocated with other Chancery Offices to Grande Prairie in the latter part of 2013.
This position is open immediately.
For further information, contact Mr. Gerry Nicolet at (780) 324-3002.
Candidates are invited to submit a resumé before January 10th, 2013 by email to: email@example.com